Sunday, October 22, 2006

NO NETS!

We have eurobracing on our tank...so in other words it has an overhang of glass on the top to brace the tank instead of a centre brace. We (OK I) have a really bad habit of using the brace for, well equipment collection. I put the tongs, nets, turkey baster and just about everything else I use frequently on this brace...which is only about 2 inches wide......Yay..DON'T do that. My small net fell into the tank at some point and the Rabbit decided to check it out...I don't know how long it had been trapped but couldn't have been too long...other than the net being ripped....so in I come...have a look at the tank and FREAK! The Rabbit is upside down at the bottom of the tank completely STUCK in the net! Edele goes running for Larry who comes upstairs quickly as he knows that my fish are important....and sees our dilema. The thing to remember here is that Rabbitfish are venomous...they have spines all along the top of their body which will deliver a painful sting. Larry gets the fish out of the net and it sinks to the bottom, hides in a corner and is breathing really really fast. OH NO!

Couple hours later (and me sweating like a fiend as I would be very upset if I lost "Big fish" as Zach named it) it is still hiding but breathing better...then in we toss a clam and it gets a bit excited and then jumps in with the rest of them for a nice light snack!

Lucky? Hell yeh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home